GAUS FORMATION SYSTEM GFS4x220V20A
High Frequency Intelligent Multi Step Charger
GFS4x220V20A (GFS) is microprocessor device for fully controllable charging/forming of lead-acid batteries in serial connection (in rows). GFS has 4 independent chargers in the same box. Each of those chargers has three 3-phase high frequency half-bridge charging modules. Those modules are multi step programmable constant voltage chargers with current limit. That means that current reaches output voltage on connected battery, which is limited. After reaching desired voltage, that voltage level is maintaining constant and charge current drops as battery is charging. Modules are fitted in common aluminium-steel box on wheels with 4 control units, protection devices, and keyboard and display units. Charge current (current limit) is selected as function of nominal battery capacity, or in function of desired charging time and capacity. Also, charging voltage is settable as charging voltage per one cell (multiplies with No. Batteries x 6 cells). Voltage, current, duration and capacity (Ah) are controlled and many precaution measures are implemented. In multi step operation mode current and duration for each step is settable. Also PAUSE operation (step) is available. Row capacity is 13 batteries, so unit permits forming of 52 batteries at same time. Maximum charge current is 20A/row. Voltage and current range and quality of control permits forming of all capacity and technology types of lead-acid starter batteries.
As device is microprocessor, with measuring current, voltage, duration, Ah, temperature of heat sink of semiconductor parts, it is possible to implement different algorithms. It is possible to change voltage and current limits, conditioning of charge characteristic, pausing, waiting for event (measuring Ah during charge), conditioning end of charging (duration, Ah...), connection with PC computer, analyse and printing charge graphs etc.
Energy circuit is made of input filter with high quality electrolytic capacitors (EPCOS-SIEMENS 105C), high-frequency transformer (ETD Siemens) and mosfet half-bridge (International Rectifier IR), ultra fast diodes, and inductance and PWM modulator. Working frequency is 30kHz. As well, in a case of main power failure during charge, after it’s returning device automatically continues charging with parameters, which were previously set (before power failure). LCD display with 2x16 characters shows values of current, voltage, time, capacity, device status, warnings, alarms etc. There are more than 10 menus for setting the parameters of charging (No Batteries, Multi Step parameters, time, capacity and other conditions). Device is placed in red plasticified aluminium-steel box on wheels. Main switch, three pole automatic fuse and signal lamps, start (scroll) and stop (select) buttons, switch R/S (Ready/Set), led diodes, LCD display for indication for each charger (row) and connector for communication with PC computer and indication lamps are placed on the devices front panel. Charge cables, power supply cable and cable holders are on the back panel of device.
With software GCDTS v1.01 it is possible to connect device with PC computer via RS232 serial port. Software gives opportunity of showing charge and discharge graphs in real time, possibility of reading charge and discharge data in case that device wasn’t connected with PC, printing and storing the results, creating reports etc.
Gaus Formation System GFS4x220V20A has following protections:
- no sparks during connecting or disconnecting plugs from battery in charge operation;
- forced air cooling;
- control of a minimum of allowed connected battery voltage (forbidden start for voltages less than 10V);
- temperature protection on heat-sink of semiconductor energy components;
- in case of main power failure, after its restoring, charging automatically continues with earlier set parameters;
- Slow three-pole automatic fuse 32A in AC circuit;
- 4x slow fuse 25A in DC circuit;
- soft start of PWM modulator;
- soft start in charging input electrolytic capacitance;
- short circuit protection (if detected current is more than 25A charger is automatically turned off);
- over voltage protection (>240V);
- protection from plugs (cables) falling during charge (freezing device until solving of problem);
- Reverse polarity protection with forbidden start.
- Type of voltage converter: 4 x 3 x 3-phase half-bridge DC-DC converter;
- Supply 3x400V +/- 10%, 50Hz 3x7 kW; max. output power 17.6kW;
- Nominal input current: 3x20A;
- Output voltage: 4x220VDC Output current: 4x20ADC
- Instruments: LCD display 2x16 characters, ampermeter 0-99.99A, voltmeter 0-999.9V, temp1 –99º- 99ºC
- Cables with Pb plugs: 6mm2
- Ambient temperature: 0 do +40ºC
||0-20A settable: 0-20A, step 0.1A
||Lead-Acid 13x12V; Cn from 10Ah to 200Ah, Sb-Sb, Sb-Ca, Ca-Ca, AGM, Gel
|Charge voltage range
||10-220V (permitted by software)
||settable: 2.20-2.75V/Cell step 0.1V x NoBatteries x 6 cell/batterydefault: 2.4V/Cell, 2.47V, 2.57, 2.67V/Cell
||4x 13 batteries of 12V in a row = 52 batteries
||Better than 3%
||0.025A and 250mV
|output voltage pulsation
||IGBT transistors, ultra fast diodes
||Constant voltage charger with current limit
||Current, voltage, capacity Ah, time, multi-step 4 steps, PAUSE operation
|LCD display during charge
||Status, current, voltage, duration, Ah, warnings, alarms, No step in multi step…
||4x LCD display with 2x16 characters
||4x start and stop buttons, switch Ready/Set, LED diodes
||Aluminium-Steel red plasticified box on wheels RAL 3002
GFS4x220V20A complies with the following requirements:
Options: different voltage/current ranges, no. of chargers (rows), multi/step modifications, discharge operation�
- EN60335-1/194 (Safety of household and similar electrical appliances-Part 1: General requirements); SIST EN 60335-1, may 1998; JUS IEC 60335-1 1998. and
- EN60335-2-29 (Part 2: Particular requirements for battery chargers); JUS IEC 60335-2-29 year 2000.