GAUS FORMATION SYSTEM GFS20x160V10A
GFS20x160V10A (GFS) is formation system with 20 identical independent microprocessor devices (modules) in common box for charging starter lead-acid batteries (20 rows with 8 batteries in serial connection) with nominal voltage of 12V with maximum charge current of 10A/per row. GFS is three-phase high frequency half-bridge constant voltage charger with current limit. That means that current reaches output voltage on connected batteries, which is limited. After reaching desired voltage, that voltage level is maintaining constant and charge current drops as batteries are charging. Each module in GFS is made of two charging sub modules controlled by main microprocessor. Sub modules are fitted in common steel/aluminium box and with central control unit, protection devices, and keyboard and display unit. All 20 modules are in common box on wheels. Charge current (current limit) is selected as function of nominal battery capacity. Also, charging voltage is settable as charging voltage per one battery (multiplies with No. of batteries in row). Voltage, current, duration and capacity (Ah) are controlled and many precaution measures are implemented.
Energy circuit for each module is made of input filter with high quality electrolytic capacitors (EPCOS-SIEMENS 105C), high-frequency transformer (ETD Siemens) and mosfet half-bridge (International Rectifier IR), ultra fast diodes, inductance and PWM modulator. Working frequency is 30kHz.
Thanks to voltage limit, it is possible to charge without surveillance, because there is not over charge (over night or during weekend). As well, in a case of main power failure during charge, after it's returning device automatically continues charging with parameters, which were previously set (before power failure). LCD display, on each module, with 2x16 characters shows values of current, voltage, time, capacity, module status, warnings, alarms etc. There are more than 10 menus for setting the parameters of charging. Device is placed in red plasticified aluminium box with six wheels. Main switch, start (scroll) and stop (select) buttons, switch R/S (Ready/Set), led diodes, LCD display for indication and connector for communication with PC computer, automatic three phase fuse and indication lamps are placed on the devices front panel. Charge cables, power supply cable and holders for cables are on the back panel of device.
With software GCDTS v1.01 it is possible to connect device with PC computer via RS232 serial port. Software gives opportunity of showing charge and discharge graphs in real time, possibility of reading charge and discharge data in case that device wasn't connected with PC, printing and storing the results, creating reports etc.
Gaus Formation System GFS20x160V10A has following protections:
- no sparks during connecting or disconnecting plugs from battery in charge operation;
- forced air cooling;
- control of a minimum of allowed connected battery voltage (forbidden start for voltages less than 2V settable);
- temperature protection on heat-sink of semiconductor energy components;
- in case of main power failure, after its restoring, charging automatically continues with earlier set parameters;
- Slow fuse T16A 20mm in AC circuit for each module;
- automatic slow fuse 16A in DC circuit for each module;
- soft start of PWM modulator;
- soft start in charging input electrolytic capacitance;
- short circuit protection (if detected current is more than 15A charger is automatically turned off);
- over voltage protection;
- protection from plugs (cables) falling during charge (freezing device until solving of problem);
- Reverse polarity protection with forbidden start.
Module 160V, 10A
- Converter type: mono-phase half bridge converter;
- Supply 230V +/- 10%, 50Hz -60Hz 2kW; output power 1600W;
- Nominal input current: 8A; maximal start current: 10A
- Instruments: LCD display 2x16 characters, ampere meter 0-99,9A, voltmeter 0-999,9V
- Timer 0-24h: 00 min: 00 sec, Ah meter 0.1-999.9 Ah
- Power consumption: 40kW
- Main voltage: 3x380VAC 50Hz
- Main fuse: T3x63A250V
- Ambient temperature: 0 do +40C
||0-10A Cn/10, settable: step 0.1A
||Lead-acid starter battery 12V, Cn<=100Ah
||20 rows with max. 8 batteries/row = 160 batteries Cn<=100Ah
|Charge voltage range
||0-160V (permitted by software)
||settable: 13.8-17.5V/battery step 0.1V
||Better than 3%
||100mA and 100mV
|Output voltage pulsation
||MOSFET transistors, ultra fast diodes
||Constant voltage charger with current limit
||Current, voltage, capacity Ah, time
|LCD display during charge/module
||Status, current, voltage, duration, Ah, warnings, alarms...
||LCD display with 2x16 characters
||Main switch, start and stop buttons, switch Ready/Set, LED diodes
||Aluminium/steel red plasticified box RAL 3002
GFS20x160V10A complies with the following requirements:
- EN60335-1/194 (Safety of household and similar electrical appliances-Part 1: General requirements); SIST EN 60335-1, May 1998; JUS IEC 60335-1 1998. and
- EN60335-2-29 (Part 2: Particular requirements for battery chargers); JUS IEC 60335-2-29 year 2000.